This weekend I will be going to Taylor Swift’s Dallas concert while she is on her “Speak Now” tour. I am SO excited!! Seriously though, it’s like Christmas in October for me. :)
When it comes to big events, I always like to try something new/different on my nails. I thought I would share with you guys the look I came up with for the concert.
This look is inspired by the bottle for Taylor’s new perfume, “Wonderstruck.”
If you end up trying this manicure out, I’d love to see it!
You can tweet me a picture or send me a link in the comment box below. :)
What you will need:
Base & Top Coat
Shade of purple
1. Start with bare nails shaped and ready for your manicure and apply a base coat.
2. Once the base coat has dried, apply one coat of a purple color of your choice. This will be your base color. (Having a base color is helpful when the sparkle doesn’t have great coverage by itself. My glitter had pretty good coverage, but it’s always best to be safe!)
3. Next, apply two coats of your glittery purple. Make sure it dries completely before the next step!
4. Get your sponge and apply a layer of your glitter gold to the corner.
5. Gently dab on your nail starting at the top and moving down toward the cuticles to create the look of a gradient. Apply the gold with the sponge on to all of your nails. (I found this VIDEO TUTORIAL very helpful to learn how to do a gradient. Thanks @RachhLoves!)
6. Apply a top coat and your manicure is complete!!